Sunday, June 08, 2008



Survivalist Bike


This bike is very close to what I was thinking about with my Active Survivalist bike. The Silkroad from Peter White Cycles. The one thing I would change is the front forks which should have suspension for curb hitting and generally bouncing along. I imagine this could be easily fitted. It has a 14 speed Rohloff Speedhub instead of derailleurs. The front headlight is powered by a dynamo. Mudguards are considered a little infra dig these days but I believe are a survivalist essential - you don't want dirt spraying up into your face or all up your back in wet weather.

Update: On second thoughts this bike might not suit front suspension due to the design of the dynamo. The dynamo is built into the front hub - how cool is that? I think I could live without the front suspension for something like that. This bike is appealing because everything is built in making it look very uncomplicated and durable.

No comments: